Home Loan Document Checklist
What Your Lender Needs For Mortgage App.
Every lender requires personal documents to process and approve a mortgage loan. The credit report provides some names and account numbers but this will give you the list to work on what is not easy to get. Know that you’ll also need to provide pay stubs and bank/broker statements as you get them during this process. Another credit check and employment verification is done the final day before closing the loan.
- 2 Years of Tax Returns for every person on the loan. Year- to-date P & L if you’re self-employed and business tax returns if applicable.
- A month of pay check stubs/statements for each person signing the loan.
- Current statements with account numbers and balance of all your credit cards
- Account numbers of credit cards with no balance
- Two months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and savings accounts.
- Lender, loan number, and amount owed on installment loans- student loans, cars etc.
- Addresses where you’ve lived for the last five years.
- Brokerage account statements- last two statements
- List of assets- Stocks, bonds, boats, homes, cars, where no debt is involved
- Your most recent 401(k) or other retirement account statement.
- Documentation to verify additional income, such as Social Security, child support or pension.